1. Car Rental - Step One!
Travelling for vacation or work and need to rent a car?
The first step is to book fast and easy, in one of the following ways:
– Online, directly through our site https://www.rideanddrive.gr/.
On the homepage there is an online booking form, where you can select the location you are travelling to. Then select the dates and times you are interested in.
Clicking “Continue Booking” shows you a list of car categories and models to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Finally, fill in some basic information about the reservation, such as name, phone, e-mail and arrival dates and complete your reservation in less than 5 minutes!
– By phone! If you do not get along well with technology and the internet do not panic. You can call us at 0030 2310 600024 and book by phone, fast and easy!
The experienced reservation’s department is available to assist you from Monday to Friday 08:30-20:00 and Saturday 09:00-17:00.
2. Once I arrive at my destination, how I will find the company?
– Upon arrival at Thessaloniki airport, an experienced staff member will wait for you with a sign writing your name on, to pick you up. If it is winter you will find the member of staff inside the arrivals hall of the airport and from the spring onwards we will be waiting for you at the meeting point located just outside the arrivals with the relevant sign, for your convenience. Our driver will take you to our offices, just 8 minutes from Thessaloniki Makedonia Airport. For locations other than Thessaloniki you will receive special information in order to meet with the driver.
3. How to get the car?
– As soon as our driver takes you to our offices, it takes five minutes, for our experienced staff, to compose the car rental contract. The only documents you will be asked for are a valid driving license and a proof of identity, i.e. a National ID or a passport.
– The driver must be 23 years old and not be above 75 years old, while new drivers must hold a valid driving license for at least 2 years.
4. How is the payment made?
– Payment is made directly to our offices upon signature of the contract.
You can pay at our offices by cash or by credit/debit card.
Whatever payment method you choose, you will not be charged any extra deposit fees. You pay only the amount of your car rental, as agreed, in your reservation!
At stations other than Thessaloniki (and in particular car models at Thessaloniki station) you will be required to have a credit card in the driver’s name. A specific amount will be captured as a guarantee, depending on the car category. Of course, after the return of the car, and if no damage has occurred, the amount of the guarantee is released.If warranty is required, the amount ranges from 700€-1200€.
5. Are there any restrictions for mileage?
There is no mileage limit or restrictions or extra charges!
You can travel wherever you want, within Greece. You are prohibited from leaving the country with a rented car, as this is stated in the terms of the contract that you will sign. No insurance coverage applies if you leave the country.
If you want to get board a ferry to an island, you can do so with Ride & Drive’s consent, but no insurance coverage applies while travelling by ferry.
6. Overnight charges
– There is an extra night charge of € 20 for pick up or return, of the rental car from 21:00 in the evening to 08:00 in the morning.
7. Return of the car.
– The customer is obliged to return the car to our company’s offices, on the day and time stated in the contract. After a basic and quick check of the car, and if there are no damages or issues to be resolved, we will drive you, free of charge to the departures of Thessaloniki Airport. If your flight is too early in the morning and you have to return the vehicle before 08:00 in the morning, then there is a special return procedure of the car, directly to the airport parking lot, which you will be informed in detail on arrival.
8. Car safety
A) Partial Coverage Insurance (CDW) is included in the booking price by default and it is free of charge. In this case, for any damage to the car, either by an accident or by natural disasters (e.g. hail) you will be charged up to a specific amount, depending on the car category. For categories B1, C, your participation is up to 700 € of damage. For categories D, E G, I your participation is up to 1000 € of damage. For some specific car categories such as diesel or auto your participation may vary, but in any case, you will be informed accordingly by a booking confirmation email.
B) Full Coverage Insurance (FDW) covers you fully for any external damage, except car wheels and tires, under the car, and the interior (e.g. cigarette burns). The car’s glasses are included in this type of insurance. The extra charge for full Coverage is just € 4 per day for categories B1, C and € 6 per day for categories D, E, G, I.
9. What happens in the event of a car breakdown?
– All Ride & Drive rental cars are covered with 24-hour nationwide road assistance by a major insurance company we work with. For minor problems that may appear (e.g. battery change), you will be assisted by the road assistance or by the nearest car service. Our company will cover all the repair costs.
In the event of serious mechanical damage to the car there is no reason to worry, because our highly trained staff will bring you a replacement car to your location as soon as possible!
10. What happens in the event of a road accident?
– If you are involved in a road accident, the procedure to follow is as follows:
(a) You do not leave the scene of the accident.
b) You call our company to let us know.
(c) You call the insurance company to record the accident.
d) If other vehicles are involved in the incident, inform the other drivers to call their own insurance companies as well as the police, in case of personal injury or a dispute.
e) We inform you that in the case of damage that you can’t go on with the same car, you should come to our offices for a car replacement.
11. Extra benefits.
Our company gives you the opportunity to add some additional features you may need while renting a car:
a) Adding a second driver to the rental, for an additional charge of € 3 per day.
b) Snow chains for an extra charge of 3 € per day.
c) Child seat depending to the age of the child, with an additional charge of € 3 per day.
d) Navigator (GPS) for an extra charge of 3 € per day. GPS rental is subject of availability.
12. Cancellation policy.
You can cancel your reservation either by phone or online through our site.
If your reservation required a 10% deposit by card, as this is the case for bookings out of Thessaloniki, and in certain car models in Thessaloniki, the deposit is not refundable.
13. Contract extension or time changes.
Should you wish to make any changes to the dates and times that are stated in your contract, Ride & Drive offers you the flexibility to change them. This is done by informing our company in advance and getting the approval of our staff. The company can’t guarantee in advance, that it will be able to serve such requests. It may not be possible to extend the bookings during high season, but we will try our best to serve you.
14. Is it mandatory to use child seats?
For the safety of your children, you should use child seats for children up to 36 kg and up to 13 years old. The charge is 2 euro / day and 1 euro / day for the second child seat.
15. Why should I prefer Ride & Drive for car hire?
Ride & Drive is a Greek company with great experience in car rentals. Our philosophy is customer-oriented and aims to build strong customer relationships on a personal level. For this reason, we keep a long-term relationship with a large number of our customers who have trusted our company for many years. In addition, we are able to offer very competitive prices. Also, there are no hidden fees, unlimited kilometers and your fast road assistance in case of car fault. Those are good reasons to trust and prefer our company. Also, please note that Ride & Drive is one of the few (if not the only) company that does not require a cash guarantee for renting a car at Thessaloniki Airport.
If for any reason, you have any further questions, or you need some further clarification, feel free to contact us either by e-mail or by phone and a member of our staff will be happy to assist you and answer your questions!
phone: (+30) 2310 600024 (Monday-Friday 08: 30-20:00 and Saturday 09:00-17:00).
We wish you the best travel experiences and we look forward to seeing you again!